Thursday, January 6, 2011

First impressions of 2011

Things that make it a bad week:
-not being able to sleep the Sunday before school reconvened as if I were a first year teacher again
-planning Precalculus lessons the day-of, every day an hour before school starts
-planning Geometry lessons the day-of, every day during my prep period and at lunch
-horrible soccer practice the day before our soccer game
-losing our soccer game 2-0 after being undefeated
-realizing that I have an ant problem in my classroom when I went to reach for my Coke and it was COVERED in ants
-realizing that the ant problem is because the janitor has not been cleaning my room or trash cans at all this week, and come to think of it, for a while now
-not being able to set aside the time to write this blog entry in complete sentences


Things that make it a good week:
-new shoes
-new soccer cleats
-new mattress pad
-not planning Algebra lessons the day-of
-completing Algebra, Geometry, and Precalculus final exams for next week that all my colleagues want to use
-having our department head speak privately to me about how drastic measures might be taken in the math department next year and I might be able to teach more higher-level math if I stay
-knowing that the halfway mark for the academic year is one week away
-realizing that the soccer loss was a good thing considering that the reason practice sucked so much was that the team was cocky as all hell


All in all, I think it's a toss up.

No comments:

Post a Comment