Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Christmas Break Countdown

It's not that I don't like the kids. I just that I like Christmas break more. 'Tis the season for a handful of students to be missing weeks of school on family trips to Mexico, which really sucks considering that when school resumes in January, there are only three weeks until the end of the semester, and then it's going to be crazy frantic in trying to make sure all tests and quizzes have been taken as well as all homework being turned in. In four days I am taking a train to Seattle and I can't wait - I am actually super excited about it taking almost 24 hours too, because it forces me to find a way to relax. My perfectionism has been coming out in full force recently, and it's becoming harder and harder to let go of work life and foster a real personal life.

Soccer is going decently well; the JV team has greatly improved over the last week, and so far we have shut out our opponents 9 goals to 0. Richmond is very deep in terms of overall boys soccer skills, so it isn't surprising that we are winning, but I'm really enjoying the coaching experience that I am getting. The other coaches for JV and varsity have really set a great example of how well practices and training and games can look, and I hope that I get an opportunity in my life to use these coaching skills completely on my own.

Today was a ridiculously long day that kept me at school for 15 hours - 6:30am to 9:30pm - so I am totally exhausted and need to sleep, but I thought I'd share an "only at Richmond" moment: every time we scored today during the boys' varsity game, our fans threw tortillas like Frisbees onto the field. Who does that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment