Sunday, December 5, 2010

Figured this blog needed a pick-me-up...

...so here's a couple funny things I read on my students' papers among the heaps of grading I did today:

One of the class questions was, "If Mr. Bretl gave you a million dollars today, how would you spend it?" Jimmy didn't really understand that the purpose of the question was to think of how many things you could do with all the extra money you get in your life just for getting a college degree. Instead, he wrote, "I wouldn't because Mr. Bretl wouldn't give me a million dollars." Touche Jimmy.

In the middle of the homework packet, I found a note from Lourdes asking, "Mr. Bretl, do you even check this?" Unfortunately, I doubt she will remember to look back to see my answer written on her page.

And finally, I cannot believe how many kids misspelled their own name - mostly just forgetting the last one or two letters. Apparently kids are so ADD today that they get distracted before finishing their full name. The winner is Julio P, whose paper just said "Ju." Handwriting investigation made it clear that it was his. I totally believe he had full intentions to complete his name, but something more urgent must have come up...

No comments:

Post a Comment